Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Answers to Decision Fatigue:

1. I think that decision fatigue is, as explained in the NYT article, a psychological occurrence that one cannot stop. But I also think that it is not so extreme to the point that we have two options to choose from (the easy way or doing nothing). I think that, as Stanford put it, it is what we tell ourselves as people. Internally it is feeding us a negative placebo when we tell ourselves that we suffer from decision fatigue. I think that it strictly applies to people who make choices that require thorough analysis of a problem. As NYT's example, judges do have to make choices for another person and think and assess the true value of one choice over the other. For Stanford's article, the students thought one way, did bad, and psychologically brought themselves down because of it. The truth is, we can only do so much, but can we control it?

2. The difference between focus in things I want to do and don't want to do is almost a 3-4 point difference. (Things I want to do being a 10 and things i don't a 6 or 7)

3. I accept the fact that we can exercise our brains so that they may be more willing to focus on subjects that we don't find as interesting. It is just the matter of getting around to training the brain to do so that is the most difficult.

4. I learned that we can tell ourselves that focusing and concentrating on being tired will make us even more tired, and if we want to grind through it, we may be able to with so much as a single thought of, "I can control myself through discipline." It works. I do it as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment