Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Henry V: Speech Remix

During class today, I got the idea to interpret the speech into my own words, it may not be correct so I am asking if anyone sees anything that can be fixed comment! P.S. (I know it is wrong in a lot of places!)
(It is just an exercise)

Henry V by William Shakespeare

King:

Who are you to judge them, and wish for aid?
You, my cousin? No, not you;
But if we are to die soon we will do
our country service; if we live,
the greater praise for heroes of battle.
Only God knows! But let him not take another.
By Jove, I do not crave gold,
nor care who seeks me for riches;
it doesn't bother me if you are of them;
such things do not phase me.
But if coveting honor is sinful,
I shall burn in hell.
Have faith in yourself, my cousin.
For the love of God! I would not give
my honor to another man where I have
honor to be gained. My hopes are still high;
though not another man show.
For if the desire to fight is not there, then do not
force him to partake in killing;
He is not worthy of death by the sides of just men,
This day is called the feast of Crispian.
Those who live past this day will look back,
in old age, and dine with his neighbors proclaiming,
"Tomorrow is the feast of Saint Crispian."
Then strip the cloth from his body to reveal the scars
that so heroic a man has earned.
The names of the man that fought by myself and eachother
will be remembered forever as brethren.
And through joyous party remember this day with fine drink,
the story be told as that of a life lesson from father to son.
We are the few. We are the happy few.
We are a band forged of brothers.
On this day, I will fight shoulder to shoulder with any man,
may he be a thief, drunk, defiler;
This day he shall be a brother, and all the men in England,
now asleep in bed, be thinking themselves accursed to not
have been apart of a glorious day. They will believe themselves
no longer worthy of life, when
those who fought remember Saint Crispin's day.

1 comment: